Thursday, September 26, 2013 will be a special Demonstration Day of the Studio Tour. Each studio location will have demonstrations at various times of the day so you can plan to visit those that interest you.
Below are the highlights of the 2012 Tour (we will be adding 2013 soon and identifying links for the Studio Locations):
Thursday, September 20, 2012
- 9:00 – 4:00 – Pit firing – outdoor demonstration by Terry Russell (Studio ‘M’)- the demonstration continues in process throughout the day, starting with loading the kiln at 9:00 am followed by the firing of the clay bodies. The kiln will be unloaded from approximately 10;00-11:00 on Friday morning.
- 10:00 – 1:00 pm - Drum building – Lorna Trigg (Studio ‘J’) will be working on heading a drum with a natural raw hide skin, discussion on how to treat and prepare a skin for heading your own drum, from curing a raw hide to scraping , salting and de-hairing.
- 1:00-2:00 pm - Chon Stanley (Studio ‘K’) will be demonstrating jewelry making – how to construct a pendant with a stone; the techniques can be used in other jewelry projects as well.
- 2:00 – 4:00 pm – Ocarina and flute tuning, Craig Hirsch (Studio ‘J’) will demonstrate how to build and tune a Ocarina, discussion on tuning.
- 4:00 – 5:00 pm - Acrylics demonstration – Paula Jones (Studio ‘L‘) will demonstrate her painting techniques which result in animal portraits that are textured and ‘juicy’.